Friday, September 16, 2011

Wanagi is working out well as a guide dog

Carla and I have been working with Wanagi and she is doing great. I am now using Nala's harness on her and it fits her perfect. I have used her both walking and with the manual wheelchair and she is working well.I still miss Nala very much.I think the other dogs miss her as well.We also lost Aurora,one of our rescue dogs'.She had a brain tumor and there was nothing the vet could do.We lost one of the dogs' that Nick was fostering to Distemper and Pneumonia.The vet said he was too far gone before we got him out of the shelter and he could not be saved. I am fostering his sister Junau. She also has Distemper and Pneumonia and was not expected to live either but, she has managed to over come the Distemper. We are still battling the Pneumonia. She is starting to get some what better, but is still on a lot of medications. I hope she makes it.We are trying to raise money to get a prosthetic leg for Freckles. She was born missing her back paw and part of her leg.She is such a sweet little dog. Rescue work can be very rewarding but it can also be heart breaking. To be continued...........

No comments:

Post a Comment