Sunday, October 28, 2012

I attended the Walk for Victims of Pit Bulls and Other Dangerous Dogs

I attended the Walk for Victims of Pit Bulls and Other Dangerous Dogs Yesterday.I took the bus to get there and it was a very long ride.Because I had never been in this area before, I had some trouble finding the entrance to Lincoln Park.As luck would have it,2 gentlemen driving,also on their way to the same event,stopped to help me.They told me where to cross the street and I asked Shaman to find the curb cut and he did so I was able to cross to the other side of the street. One of the men actually got out of the car and walked with me to the entrance and into the park.They asked if Shaman was the dog that had been attacked by a Pit Bull.I told them yes he was indeed the very same dog.They must have read my blog post about the attack.I thanked them for helping me to find the place. I was greeted by a nice lady who helped me find where all the people were. She was very helpful in looking at her bus schedule, to find the right bus stop for me and the time the bus would be there at the time I needed to leave. I met a lot of very nice people and was given a Walk T-shirt and a book about dogs and I settled in to listen to the band that was playing.There were also some very influential people there who gave presentations and people who spoke of their experiences with Pit Bull attacks. It was heart breaking to listen to their stories of being mauled and of the children who were killed or maimed.It is a problem that must be STOPPED! ALL dog owners need to keep their dogs leashed or confined in a fence that they can not escape from. Also, Animal Control and the Police need to enforce the laws that already exist,which they currently don't do!It is not only people that are being attacked,but also family pets and service dogs and guide dogs.The people at this event seem to be the only people who care what is happening and want to do something about it! Animal Control and the police in Tucson don't seem to care. They have never done anything about all the attacks that Shaman has experienced, or the attacks on my previous guide dogs,Lily and Nala. If people would just keep their dogs leashed or behind fences,there would never be so many dog attacks on the public or other dogs!There have been more Pit Bull attacks on my dogs,but there have also been other types of dogs that have attacked them as well.There is absolutely no reason that my guide dog,Shaman , should have been attacked by 7 Pit Bulls and 4 other dogs of various breeds.WAKE UP TUCSON !!!, before it's to late! I do not want to hear about another person or dog being attacked,maimed,or killed!!!! "WE THE PEOPLE", need to all get together and go before the City Council and the County Board of Supervisors and DEMAND that something be done to stop this from ever happening again!!!!! If any one else is willing to do this,I will join you in doing so.I had to leave before the event ended as I needed to get home to let my other dogs out and feed them.I knew it would be another long ride home. It was well worth the the time to attend this event and I would be willing to attend again if there is another Walk for the Victims of Pit Bulls and Other Dangerous Dogs!  to be continued..............

2 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm so glad you were able to come to the Walk. I was very glad to see you there. Thank you for supporting the Walk and supporting all the other victims. Please stay safe out there! We'll be thinking of you! <3

    ReplyDelete